BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mr. Mamvura's Testimony



One of the men who has been helping to renovate the huts for the orphan care center is Mr. Mamvura from Shauro. Recently he shared his testimony with us:

“I had reached the position of Second Prophet in the Zionist Church in the area where I live. (The Zionist Church is a mixture of African Traditional Religion and the Old Testament.) I was always eager to “prophesy” for money. It was an easy way to make a living. But there was no knowledge behind my prophecies. It was all a lie. I also enjoyed drinking a lot and was not on good terms with some other people.

Then some people came to Shauro to preach the gospel. I realized that I had not been living my life in a good way so I repented. With great joy I was baptized with eleven of my family members. (He has 2 wives and 14 children.) God has helped me change my life. I don’t drink anymore and I am on good terms with others now.

God is teaching me how to take better care of my family. I spend a lot of time working with my family in the fields, but we never work on Sunday anymore. Now we got to church and worship God.”

0 comments: