BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dr. Stan May visits Zimbabwe

Recently Dr. Stan May from Mid-America Seminary came for a visit in Zimbabwe. We asked him to write a blog about his time here:

“What a joy to return to Zimbabwe! We had lived here from 1989-95 and worked among the AmaNdebele people. I was privileged to return several times, but I had not returned for several years. I came at the invitation of the IMB to consult with the Seminary as they seek to move forward to train pastors and church leaders. During my time I preached at the Seminary and presented them with a computer and some new commentaries for their library.



I also preached at the Theological College of Zimbabwe in Bulawayo and spent a day there renewing acquaintances.



Two highlights of my time were preaching with my friend and former student Mehluli Dube in Kwekwe (he started this church with 4 families 16 months ago and now has 22 families worshiping) and preaching to a church started by Gregg Fort among the AmaNdebele in Mberengwa.



It was a joy to preach again in iSiNdebele. We also gave out exercise books to the students after I had the honor of sharing my testimony in iSiNdebele to them.”



Of course it would not seem like a trip to Africa without spending some time in the bush and viewing an African sunset!



Submitted by Dr. Stan May

0 comments: